Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 001 Committment


2012 is going to be MY year! I have lost interest in my photography and gained a bunch of weight in 2011.

Sooo, I thought creating a blog and committing to entering a post every day about my progress would help me stick with my program. I plan to add a piece of information, progress and/or photo for 365 days to share my experience.

Today my plan it to add more water to my diet.
I WILL drink at least 2 24 oz bottle of water EVERY day this year.




Here are 10 reasons to drink more water everyday
  • Get Healthy Skin
  • Flush Toxins
  • Reduce Your Risk Of Heart Attack
  • Cushion And Lube Your Joints And Muscles
  • Get Energized And Be Alert
  • Stay Regular
  • Reduce Your Risk Of Disease And Infection
  • Regulate Your Body Temperature
  • Burn More Fat And Build More Muscle
  • Get Well

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! You CAN'T lose interest in photography! Your work is much too beautiful for that! Dave & I are also re-committing to losing more weight and getting healthier. I look forward to reading your posts. Happy New Year! Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan, Betty! I'm embarking on a similar program.

    Previously I vowed to break myself of a Diet Coke habit by making a pitcher of home-made iced tea everyday made with a tablespoon of honey for four cups of tea. I used green and white teas, mostly, because they're very high in antioxidents. This helped me when I found I wasn't drinking as much water as I should.

    I love the idea of this new blog! We can all encourage each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meredith :-).
    Beth, I too plan on kicking the diet soda habit, by replacing it with decaf iced tea, I've tried it with green tea, but that didn't do the trick for me, maybe I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tazo makes some good green tea blends that are a little more flavorful than "regular" traditional green teas. Their Passion is great -- I don't think that one has any green tea, but it sure is colorful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl. I am looking forward to reading each day with you. I am on a similar weight loss journey and I started shooting some pictures yesterday. Best wishes for your health inspired journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another thing to try when drinking plain water feels blah: this "Sassy Water" recipe:

    8. 5 cups water
    1 tsp/ grated ginger
    1 medium cucumber
    1 medium lemon
    12 spearmint leaves

    Slice cucumber and lemon. Combine everything
    and let stand in fridge overnight. Drink water throughout
    next day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, thanks for the suggestions, I do dring some of my water with lemon slices, but will try your Sassy Water too.
    Karin, good luck on your journey and I'm so glad you're picking up the ole camera again.

    ReplyDelete