Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 011 Begin to exercize


I added walking to my day.  I take Dude to the park and walk around it with him.  Walking is one of the easiest forms of exercise. All you need is a good pair of shoes, comfortable clothing, and the desire to do it.

How to start: First of all, start out slow and easy. Just walk out the door. For most people this means head out the door, walk for 10 minutes, and walk back. That's it? Yes, that's it. Do this every day for a week. If this was easy for you, add five minutes to your walks next week (total walking time 25 minutes). Keep adding 5 minutes until you are walking as long as desired.


I found this information and a lot more on this website........
http://www.thewalkingsite.com/beginner.html

1 comment:

  1. At the Rec. Center, I had one of the trainers do the test, where you establish the heart rate interval, where you burn more fat than carbs. Then, I bought a heart rate monitor ( chest band / watch) , so when I walk, I try to get my heart beat into that range (140-160) for 30+ minutes a couple of times a week.

    ReplyDelete